Levels: LEVEL 1 | LEVEL 2
Published by: York Press
Description: Let’s blend! Let’s read! York Phonics teaches young learners how to read using modern teaching practices and the most up-to-date research in phonics for children learning English as a foreign language. The course can be used alongside any pre-school or junior course where additional input in phonics is required.
- 4 core units with 8 lessons each.
- Enjoyable and stimulating activities for young learners, including games, chants, songs and mazes, boost learning opportunities.
- Engaging and fun animal characters help children as they learn.
- York Phonics 1 teaches the letter sounds of the alphabet. Pupils are taught to blend letters into simple and high frequency CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words along with ‘tricky words’ in context.
- York Phonics 2 builds on the work from level 1 with presentation of common vowel digraphs and consonant clusters, along with more ‘tricky words’.
- Maximise the teaching of phonics with the colourful Pupil’s Book, Activity Book and graded Reader.
- Present and recycle the letter sounds in class with the Phonics Cards.
- Use the Letter Cards for endless blending and spelling activities.
List of components: